|dc.description.abstract||This research project is conducted for Art Nor AS with the aim of evaluating the market potential for sous vide in Singapore, especially in the HoReCa (hotel, restaurant, catering) market.
An external analysis was conducted to identify opportunities and threats for sous vide in the Singapore seafood market. Moreover, an internal analysis was done to see if the company is ready to enter into a new market. All these findings are based on secondary data.
In addition, primary research was performed to identify attitudes, knowledge among end consumers, and to obtain more in-depth information on the seafood market in Singapore. The primary research was conducted through expert interviews and focus groups.
The research gave the following findings:
• There are no sous vide products in Singapore today.
• Many established companies are providing sea food to the Singapore market.
• Increased labour- cost and shortage might lead to a higher potential within the next 2-5 years.
• Previous sous vide investments in Singapore have failed.
• The general consumers are not familiar with sous vide.
The recommendation given to Art Nor in this project is to not move into Singapore yet, but to await and closely monitor the changing trends in the market regarding labour and trends in the HoReCa market.||en